The Synology DiskStation DS1821+ NAS enclosure is powered by a 2.2 GHz AMD Ryzen quad-core processor with 4GB of ECC DDR4 memory. It supports up to eight 3.5″ and 2.5″ SATA drives in RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, Synology Hybrid, and JBOD modes with a maximum single volume size of 108TB.
Installing up to two M.2 NVMe PCIe solid-state cache drives can accelerate hard drive array performance by over 20x.
The Synology DiskStation DS1821+ includes four Gigabit Ethernet ports with Link Aggregation and Failover support. Four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports and two eSATA ports are available for connecting external storage drives and other devices to share across the network.
A PCIe 3.0 slot is available for expansions such as 10GbE network adapters for high-speed data transfers and backups. Connecting up to two Synology DX517 5-bay expansion units to the DiskStation DS1821+ provides you with a total of 18 drive bays. Up to 32GB of memory can be installed across two SO-DIMM slots to further boost NAS performance and efficiency.
File Management and Sharing
The web-based File Station tool is built with intuitive, drag-and-drop operations for fast and secure file management from Windows and Mac computers. Advanced search and filtering tools allow for easy organization and file sharing, and the DS1821+ supports AFP, FTP, iSCSI, NFS, SMB, and WebDAV protocols.
Certified Storage Virtualization
Synology iSCSI storage supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency. Support includes VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration to help offload storage operations and optimize computation efficiency. Additionally, Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate and OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Versatile Backup Solutions
The Synology DiskStation DS1821+ integrates a variety of backup applications to fit your needs, including Active Backup for Business, Hyper Backup, Synology Drive, and Active Backup for Microsoft 365 / G Suite.
Synology DSM Applications
- The Synology Central Management System allows you to simultaneously manage multiple Synology NAS servers from a centralized interface.
- Synology MailPlus provides a secure, reliable, and private mail server solution.
- Quickly transition between clustered servers in the event of a server failure to minimize the impact on applications.
- Comprehensive security tools are built-in and are continually updated to protect your devices against threats.
- The Synology Drive application offers versatile tools for file management and synchronization.
- With the Surveillance Station application, you have a complete solution for recording, monitoring, and